Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Visit to Pearl Market

Aug. 30, 2010

Madison checks out pearls at the market.
Madison felt much better today; she was back to her cheerful self. Some of our group made a trip to the Pearl Market this morning. I've heard a lot about this place, so I was excited to finally get to go there. It was like going into a mall specifically for jewelry, several stories high, with many shops - all with various types of jewelry. Our guide took us to a shop owner who was a reputable pearl dealer.  We got Madison a small pink pearl necklace and bracelet for now, and we got her a double-strand bracelet for her wedding day. I must say, I was quite proud of my girl. She loves jewelry. When the sales girl was trying to figure out the size for her bracelet, she put out her little arm and watched patiently as she fit it to her arm. 

We were also able to go to some of the local shops and get some souvenir items (and Christmas presents). Phil is not a shopper, but he was patient with me as I went to various shops, comparing prices, etc. 

Fun with "Baba" (Daddy).
While walking around, we found a small Christian Church near our hotel.  Our guide told us that there are three primary religions in China - Muslum, Buddist and Christian. However, she said that most people in China follow no religion. We know that God led us here to get Madison, ultimately so we can lead her Him. 
The local Christian church.

Thanks for everyone's interest in our blog about our journey to Madison.  Even though we can't view it ourselves (due to blogging sites being blocked by the governement here), I've received e-mails from several people telling me that Madison has quite a following!

No comments:

Post a Comment